Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Anyone remember these guys?:

I remember the cupcake guy and Twinkie The Kid, although I only remember the twinkie's name because it's written on his neck kerchief. I'm assuming the other's "Captain Cupcake", but I'm lost on the others. I'm not even sure of the date on the above characters. I think the guy on the right is a fruit pie (a magic fruit pie...) and the other's a Swiss Roll. I just hope things don't go so bad in my life that I have to be rescued by a Twinkie, that'd be a tough one to explain to anybody..

12 comments:

Mary said...

Fruitpie the Magician, but don't know what the other is named...

Mr. POSSLQ said...

We know Captain Cupcake and Twinkie the Kid, Mary got Fruitpie the Magician, and the one that remains is Big Chief Ho-Ho.

Mr. POSSLQ said...

... as far as I can tell, anyway. I'm probably wrong.

Wings said...

Sounds right, to me, too! And I remember them all. Was Suzy Q's from Hostess? Did they have a tasty mascot, too??

Tom said...

There was a fifth mascot for the Ding Dongs. King Ding-Dong.

I remember these guys! They were still big in the mid-80s.

The Swiss roll guy was "Happy Ho-Ho", I thought.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Happy Ho Ho was the swiss toll. i was a fan of the sno balls!
<><

Ms Plow said...

King Ding Don:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/220/506321287_69ffec57b9.jpg

Chauncey Chocodile (my personal favorite):
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bd6xxWdZdxo/Sj-LRwEI6cI/AAAAAAAAEl0/NWiIYlxeXj0/s400/chocodiles2.jpg

joe said...

I'm pretty sure the ho-ho is more of a robin-hood type figure.. not a chief. Maybe "Robin Ho" or something stupid like that..

Tom said...

I never heard of Chocodiles! Now I want one!

Waffle Whiffer [Brandon] said...

The Ho Ho mascot's name was Happy Ho Ho. There was also King Ding Dong, Chief Big Wheels and Chauncey Choco-Dile. Suzy Q's had a smiling face on the box and was also from Hostess. See the whole gang on my Flickr site here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/wafflewhiffer/sets/72157594218170799/

Tom said...

wow that's a great set of pics from Brandon. Poor Chief Big Wheels, victim of political correctness.

LaraAnn said...

I loved some of the Hostess snack cakes when I was a kid esp. the Twinkies and Chocolate cupcakes. Suzy Q was mom's nick-name for me sometimes. I liked these guys - thanks for posting this picture

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails