Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Saturday, February 04, 2012

I haven't had fish sticks in years:

When I was around 4 or 5, Friday would be "fish stick night" (although to clarify, Friday wasn't officially designated as fish stick night, but when we did have fish sticks they were always on Fridays). I loved fish sticks and ketchup. Mom would make me fish sticks and heat up frozen french fries because dad would bring home fish-and-chips, and while I loved fish sticks I hated fish-and-chips. I never really made much sense as a kid..

8 comments:

Jack said...

Dude, I had fish sticks just the other night. Why'd you quit? Lady Bonnie puts five or six of those babies on a hamburger bun, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, and a nice fat slice of beefsteak tomato, and it's a meal that costs her about ten minutes in the kitchen. Half the calories of a hamburger, and half the cleanup too. You know, they've really done wonders with those pressed-formed-shaped constructs of fish-flavored imitation food product since the 70s...

joe said...

Didn't quit... just haven't had any in awhile. The local grocery store makes great fish and chips, so usually I do that instead

Blast from the Past said...

LOVE fish sticks! I could devour a whole box of them. And I LOVE them with tarter sauce on them! We had them very seldom growing up, but I've had them more over the last few years. I agree - they seem to be much better than when we had them in the '70s.

joe said...

I have a feeling I'm going to be getting a box of fish sticks sometime this week... you guys have talked me into it..

Sans Pantaloons said...

I believe we know them as Fish Fingers in the UK. I have a box in my freezer, been there since 1980.

Must be ready to eat just about now.

joe said...

Well if you go ahead with them, send me an email to let me know how that worked out. Don't send me the hospital bill though..

Charlotte Beecham said...

love your blog your style and vibe are great. i would love it if you followed me back! i recently launched a scarf line 'Charlotte & Lisa' which i think is really suiting to your style! Fur and hoods.Check it out!

www.charlotteandlisa.com

Sunnydaze said...

My mom never made fish sticks but we had fish "squares" all the time. They were like 4x4 breaded squares of haddock with home made tartar sauce. YUM!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails