Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Thursday, February 02, 2012

It must've been a generational thing:

I love music. I haven't had a television in years, but I've always had a radio, a cassette player, and more recently a CD player. My grandparents, though, never cared for music much. My grandparents on my mother's side never listened to the radio. They had a console stereo, but the only records they had were "The Sound Of Music", a couple of children's albums for when the grandkids stayed over, and a few Christmas records. My grandparents on my father's side didn't even have a stereo. They listened to the radio rather infrequently. All my grandparents preferred the television instead. In fact whenever we visited my grandparents' brothers and sisters, they never listened to music either. It just wasn't their thing, I guess.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Wow... I've always felt sorry for people who don't read; they only get to live one life. Never thought about people who don't like music. Their souls don't get to have any life at all.

Tres sad...

Retro Hound said...

My maternal grandparents never listened to music either. They had a few albums, Lawrence Welk, Guy Lombardo and some kids albums, but that was about it. My paternal grandparents had the radio on 24/7. I mean that literally. There was always a radio on. It was kinda cool to sleep the the country western they listened to. It was sure different than what my parents listened to.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Yep, it was a generational thing. My grandparents (and my parents) were TV watchers; and my parents had the radio on 24/7 (still do) -- even WITH the TV on! But although I never saw them playing records, my folks had an good little collection of LP's and 45's (in the davenport, if you've read a recent post of mine). And I always had a little record player of my own. So, we did grow up surrounded by music; hence my addiction to it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails