Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Monday, February 20, 2012

The panic button:

This was popular sometime around the mid-'70s. I believe the above is a cereal premium sticker but I'm not sure of the date. Kids were drawing panic buttons on school books, desks, etc. It was never really my "thing", so I'm not surprised it was a fad that didn't return. Although, eventually everything comes back, so who knows.

4 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Well, I think it "sorta" came back - in the form of the Easy Button from Staples. :)

Jack said...

There was one of these on the bridge of the first minesweeper I served on, directly in front of the captain's chair. Only control he could reach directly. Very confidence-instilling...

joe said...

CTG: Hmmm, maybe..

Jack: So what did it actually do?

Jack said...

Fortunately, given that this was, you know, a MINESWEEPER, nobody ever found out...

(Actually, I'm pretty sure it clicked and turned on a little light on the bridge coaming, thereby sparing him the expense of throwing his hundred-dollar hat over the side every time something went wrong.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails